Monday, May 21, 2007

Evolution of Pearl River High School Wikipedia Article


I am the proudest of my Wikipedia work with the article about my high school: Pearl River High School.

I actually discovered that I am pretty sure I know the kid who created this article & I believe if anyone is going to edit my additions, it will be him: harrism84. He created this article about 2 months ago in March; I had originially chosen my town, Pearl River, as an article that I wanted to edit for this project, but then one day when I was looking at the Pearl River article, I noticed that there was a link to my high school! The article had not been in existence at the start of this project, but there it was and with the permission of Professor Brown I changed to editing that one. Anyway, I added a lot of content to this page, including a picture. Here is a summary of my edits:

First Edit
-Grammatical/spelling/punctuation corrections

Second Edit
-Added aerial picture of PRHS

Third Edit
-Lots of content additions!

As of now, my edits still stand how they originated, but there is plenty of time for change. I think harrism84 and I both added open-ended content and sections that have plenty of room for additions. I do not think that Pearl River High School is an article on the top of many users' lists to edit, but hey - you never know! I know that I LOVED my high school and will continue to ensure that its Wikipedia legacy remains intact.

No comments: