Monday, May 21, 2007

Facebook Wikipedia Edit #1

This particular Wikipedia article is already very developed & I can tell it is going to be a hard one to make significant and lasting contributions to. But as I was reading through the article, and being an avid Facebook user myself, the "News Feed and Mini-Feed controversy" section caught my eye. Earler this year, opposition to Facebook erupted with the introduction of a News Feed and Mini-Feed that basically informed your friends in the Facebook community when you made certain changes to your account. There were Facebook groups created opposing the changes, privacy concerns, and the Facebook account managers issued a community-wide apology & informative statement, handling the situation well. I noticed that something was missing from this section regarding privacy controls that can be used to alter your Mini-Feed and News Feed so I added this to the statement:"...and through privacy settings are able to to control what is actually published in their respective Mini-Feeds."
Check it out!

No comments: