Sunday, May 20, 2007

Pearl River High School - Wikipedia Edit #2

In my second edit to Wikipedia's Pearl River High School article, I added an aerial view picture of my high school. It didn't really come out as nice as I expected because it is really small - but I uploaded it to Wikipedia & then had to do all of this licensing stuff (which I hope is legal that I took it from google images??). Anyway, you can click on the picture and it takes you to another page that has a larger version of it, so that's cool.
Check out my skills here.
Also, something cool - I just noticed that one of the edits to this page came from a user "harrism84" who I believe I know from my hometown. I think he is the older brother of one of my high school classmates that went to PRHS also and graduated a couple of years before me - they are also from Pearl River & it makes sense for him to have edited this page because he went to Pearl River himself. Hm I wonder if his work was for a class or if he is just that motivated & does Wikipedia editing on his own...
Actually, now that I look closer, he created this page on March 11, 2007 - if you remember, my original plan was to edit the Wiki article for my hometown - Pearl River, NY. But instead I discovered that a new article had been created about my high school which was a lot more in need of attention & I switched!

No comments: