Monday, May 21, 2007

Evolution of Facebook Wikipedia Article


The Facebook Wikipedia article was by far the most comprehensive and detailed article that I chose to edit (probably why I put it off the longest because that definitely made it the most difficult to make changes to).
Anyway, I found some things to add (especially regarding Facebook's role in the VT shootings & its increasing prevalence http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifas a dominant form of communication in today's social networking and media society).
The article was very well-written & I hope that users take my content additions seriously & view them as good enough to remain on the site for some time to come! Afterall, they should really take it from me - afterall, I am an AVID Facebook enthusiast to say the least. I even have Facebook linked on my main blog page - referring to it as something like 'the main source of my procrastination' which it is! It amazes me that what started as a Harvard sophomore's laptop creation is now a HUGELY profitable worldwide network. Go Mark Zuckerberg! I am guessing that with the high level of accuracy and professionalism throughout this article, that my edits may be changed around a bit in the near future. As of now, all of my changes still stand as they were first published.
Here is a chronology of my Wiki edits for Facebook:

First Edit
-Added some info about privacy & Mini-Feeds

Second Edit
-Created "Status" section under "Additional Features"

Third Edit
-Contributed content to "Facebook memorials" section and even mention VT shootings


Hope you enjoy all of my Wikipedia work! It is often tedious & required a lot of time, but I think it is all worth it & hopefully my contributions overall prove useful to the Wikipedia community.
I ABSOLUTELY learned a lot in this process, and in fact was just showing off some of my changes the my roommates. They were impressed & I am impressed with myself! Afterall, I am not going to lie I came into this class & this project not knowing that Wikipedia is freely edited by anyone. That is certainly something important to know!

No comments: