Friday, March 23, 2007

Wikipedia Edit #3 - Bubble Tea

So my 3rd Wikipdia edit is on Wikipedia's "Bubble Tea" article. I chose to edit the bubble tea page becauuse I actually work at a bubble tea shop on Main St. here in Newark called T'Licious. It's located right next to the Delaware Book Exchange..stop by!
Anyway, I edited some information in the top general section of the article regarding the source and origins of the tapioca pearls, an essential component of any bubble tea drink. I added "These tapioca pearls are made mostly of tapioca starch, which comes from the tapioca, or bitter-cassava plant. In other parts of the world, the bitter-cassava plant may be called manioca or yuca. Cassava is native to South America, and was introduced to Asia in the 1800s." Check out my updates!

2 comments:

Jerskine said...

I just wanted to comment and say that I always pass T'licious and have always wonered what bubble tea tastes like. The store looks very interesting and I have never tried anything like bubble tea. This post makes me want to stop into T'licious. I look forward to trying it soon!

Sharon said...

Jess you better come in soon! Definitely come by & give it a try. Most people do say that Bubble Tea is a love or hate type thing & personally, I am definitely a lover!
To break it down basically:
1-Choose green tea or black tea as your base for the drink
2-Pick a flavor (we have a wide selection - everything from strawberry to chocolate)
3-Pick a size & if you want it hot, cold, or frozen!
4-Enjoy!
Mostly, it will taste like the flavor that you order, but also you will be drinking your tea through a wide straw that allows the "bubbles" to come through, so you eat them as you drink your tea. The "bubbles" are also known as tapioca pearls and are made from tapioca, are black in color, and have a chewy consistency & not a strong flavor!
T'Licious everyone, give it a try!