Monday, February 19, 2007

BUAD477

One of my courses this semester is BUAD477, also known as Information Technology Applications in Marketing. I am a Marketing/Management major with a minor in International Business & I believe this course, taught by Alex Brown, has recently become a requirement for all marketing majors.
Basically, 477 is designed to familiarize students with Internet applications to the world of marketing through class lectures, group projects, and interactive online work such as blogging. Personally, I feel that I have a lot to learn as far as IT goes, and have already been exposed to so many new things in this course. For example, this is my first time in the blogosphere, both blogging and keeping up to date on the blogs of others. In addition, I will be editing articles on Wikipedia (which I had no idea was even possible!).
I feel that this course is very forward-thinking and practical, in that business as we know it today cannot possibly be conducted without the Internet and all of its technology and resources. I hope to learn and experience a lot in BUAD477 that will be of use to me in my future career.

No comments: